Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT) for cellulite treatment
During acoustic wave therapy (AWT), two different high-energy acoustic waves are introduced into the body in the form of high-frequency oscillations.
- Firstly, the permeability of the fat cell membrane is increased with so-called planar waves (C-Actor).
- Subsequently, so-called radial waves (D-Actor) press the fat out of the cells and the lymphatic and blood circulation is powerfully stimulated. Thus the metabolism in the tissue is activated, the skin becomes firm again and the dimpled effect is reduced.
The first treatment results usually appear after 4 – 5 treatments. For a stable result in the longer term, we recommend a series of 10 – 12 treatments at weekly intervals.
Acoustic wave therapy is indicated
- For the treatment of cellulite grades I – III
- For the tightening of loose skin
- As an aid in reducing fatty deposits when on a diet
- For the reduction of scars and stretch marks
Literature als PDF
AWT for cellulite, Dr. Sattler Rosenpark Clinic Darmstadt
Improvement in Skin Elasticity in the Treatment of Cellulite and CTW by means of EPAT
© The Bodyclinic: 04/2013